What is a doorholder?
We say Doorholders instead of volunteers because volunteers can sound like people who randomly sign up and hopefully show up, while Doorholders take ownership and take great pleasure in opening a way for others to see and experience Jesus. Doorholders are the backbone of our family at The Exchange!
Who we are: Doorholders are people who take great pleasure in opening the way for others to experience Jesus.
What we do: Doorholders see and serve the people they encounter in our family.
When we serve: Many of our doorholder teams serve on Sunday mornings during our Sunday Gathering, but there are multiple other options throughout the week for doorholders to serve.
WHERE CAN I SERVE AS A DOORHOLDER?
The Exchange has a number of different amazing Doorholder teams. We would love to invite you to join us in serving on one of these important teams in our house.
- LittleLIFE – In LittleLIFE, our vision is to create an environment where preschoolers can come and hear the gospel on their level, be transformed, and become disciples of Jesus. We do this through playtime, games, snacks, puppets, and story time.
- KidLIFE – KidLIFE is the place where you can serve one hour each week and make a BIG impact in the life of a kid! No special skills required. Spots are available for smiling face, game leaders, Bible story teachers, ProPresenter operators, snack preparers, worship leaders, and environment hosts.
- StudentLIFE – StudentLIFE is a midweek experience for 6th-12th grade. Our heart is to meet students where they are and lead them to where God wants them to be. If you’d like to be a part, we’d love to have you. We believe there is great value in investing in the next generation.
- Guest Services – Guest Services intentionally and purposefully creates a welcoming environment for all guests to enter into by greeting, serving, and connecting with everyone who comes through the doors each week.
- Cleaning Team – Our role is to create a clean and welcoming environment for all those God would bring through our doors. We believe people see us before they hear us, and we want to do our part to connect people to the truth of Jesus and to a spiritual community.
- Safety Team (Security & Medical) – The safety and security of our building and people is extremely important. If you have medical training, or a keen eye for security you can use your talents to ensure peace of mind for our entire church family!
- Check-In – Check-In isn't just about checking-in kids, but it's about creating a welcoming environment and peace of mind. The security of our kids is extremely important and our check-in team serves to make sure your children get to the correct environments for their age level and leave with the correct guardians.
- Counseling – Counseling Team is an opportunity to encourage, counsel, and pray for others as God is working in their lives. On the counseling team, you will serve one time a month at the end of our Sunday Gatherings.
- Online Host - Serving isn't limited to a building. Every week our part of church family gathers online to worship together. Online Hosts welcome people, facilitate discussion, and equip people to live out their faith.
- LIFEgroup Host - LIFEgroup hosts give opportunity for community and spiritual discussion outside of gatherings by organizing the small group gathering, leading community time, and facilitating discussions.
- Care Team - As The Exchange we are for people. This means we walk with the people of our House and our neighbors through both the good and hard times. We do this by equipping doorholders to be the hands and feet of Jesus to celebrate with and serve others.
- Tech – As a tech team member, we create a distraction-free environment for our worship experience. From lights, sound, and online gatherings we aim to honor God with a heart of technical excellence.
- Band/Vocal – As a tech team member, we create a distraction-free environment for our worship experience. From personal Bible study time to the stage we aim to point beyond us to God with a heart of technical excellence.
- Photography Team - We believe in the power of storytelling — in word, image and video. This team captures videos and photos of God moving in the hearts of people.
If you are interested in finding out more information about or connecting with one of these teams, tap the button below.